UGANDA TRAVEL GUIDE
Travelers intending to do a Safari in Uganda always have questions on what is required for one to travel to Uganda and we compiled a few questions and answers that we gathered from our recent survey.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT UGANDA TRAVEL
Yes, all travelers intending to do a safari in Uganda and are travelling through main Airport of Uganda Entebbe International Airport are required to have passports and must have applied online for either a TOURIST VISA if only travelling to Uganda for a safari or an EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA for travelers intending to travel to Uganda, Rwanda & Kenya.
Below are the main requirements of a Tourist Visa to Uganda
- A letter stating reason for transit and country of destination
- Return Air Ticket
- Cover letter detailing the purpose of visit
- Support Document for the purpose of visit (Medical)
- Passport-size Photograph
- Passport bio-data page (with validity of at least 6 months)
- Vaccination Certificate (Yellow Fever)
Below are the main requirements for an East African Tourist Visa to Uganda.
- Travel itinerary (Detailed Tour Plan)
- Return Ticket
- Vaccination Certificate (Yellow fever)
- Copy of recent Passport size Photograph
- Copy of the passport (Bio-data page)
Tourist Visa is for travelers who intend to visit/tour Uganda only.
East African Tourist Visa; is for travelers intending to travel to Uganda, Kenya & Rwanda
For all travelers intending to travel to Uganda for a Safari below are the steps you undertake to apply for an online tourist visa;
- Open your web browser.
- Type link: https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
- Choose permit type (VISA).
- Choose category (Uganda Ordinary/Tourist Visa) or East African Tourist Visa.
- Sub category will automatically be single entry.
- Fill in your data in the given Form.
- Attach required documents i.e. safari itinerary, flight ticket indicating your return flight, copy of recent passport size photograph, Copy of passport bio-data page, Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, Recommendation letter, Police clearance, etc
- Submit Application.
Travelers to Uganda must note that upon submission and while Immigration Uganda analyses the data provided, additional information may be required.
After Submission the traveler will be sent a notification that will bare an application number he/she will use to track the status of their application.
TOURIST VISA APPROVAL
On approval of the Tourist Visa, the traveler shall receive a notification through an email address they provided during the application process.
Print the notification and carry it with your travel document to the port of entry into Uganda.
NOTE: The validity of the travel document shouldn’t be less than 6months.
Should any of the travelers intending to do a Safari in Uganda with Dillard Tours and Travel (U) Ltd have any questions or difficulties with their online application, feel free to reach us through any of the contacts below;
Office Tel. +256414343961
Mobile Voice Calls: +256705350869